1 Our Favorite Yellow Cake (see recipe)
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 ½ cup HOT water
6 oz cream cheese, softened
3 oz margarine, softened
6 oz mascarpone cheese
1 ½ lbs powdered sugar, sifted
⅜ ounce Kahlua or Kamora
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
1 bag toffee bits (plain OR chocolate-coated – your choice!)
- Prepare 1 recipe of Our Favorite Yellow Cake.
- Lightly drizzle prepared coffee on each layer.
- Beat cream cheese and margarine until smooth.
- Blend in mascarpone cheese. DON’T OVERBEAT ONCE MASCARPONE HAS BEEN ADDED!
- Slowly add powdered sugar. Beat well, scraping down sides of bowl to blend completely.
- Add liqueur and espresso/water mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting on layer and top with ¼ of the toffee bits. Repeat.
- Ice top and sides of cake.
- Pat remaining toffee bits into sides and top border of cake.